Hi Brandon

I really appreciate your response. It's good to know that I'm not the only
person that feels this pain.

It's frustrating that a tool that's so central to the world of automation
seems actively hostile to being automated itself. Both the design of the
tool and the culture surrounding it seem inimical to the idea that a
Jenkins deployment should or could be fully automated.

Oh well, complaining won't make it any better. :-(