If you mean to backup your Jenkins server, then read below:
In my case I've been using tools such as:
- *Puppet*: https://github.com/jenkinsci/puppet-jenkins
- *Chef*: https://github.com/chef-cookbooks/jenkins
- *Ansible*: https://github.com/geerlingguy/ansible-role-jenkins
*NOTE*: You can use *docker*
(https://hub.docker.com/r/jenkins/jenkins/) although the complexity will be
with a live and continuous up to date instance, in my opinion.
The second part is about using a subset of the Configuration as Code
tools such as:
- *Pipelines*: https://jenkins.io/doc/book/pipeline/
- *JobDSL*: https://github.com/jenkinsci/job-dsl-plugin/wiki
- *Jenkins Job Builder*
Finally, you can automate the last bits and pieces using *Groovy* and
The above suggestion is based on the Configuration as Code paradigm and
being able to specify the current jenkins instance state either
programmatically or with some configuration in code.
My two cents
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"Jenkins Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To view this discussion on the web visit
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.