(replies inline)

On Wed, 16 Aug 2017, Cristiano Kliemann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are developing pipeline shared libraries to organize common tasks. Some
> of the functionality involves deploying files to our binary repository.
> We've decided to create small classes and methods to keep things simple and
> maintainable. But we have some concerns about what the developer should
> have access. Take the example below:

On what basis are you intending to restrict the access? You can simply add
Pipeline Shared Libraries at a Folder level, and only add the referenced Shared
Library to a folder with "trusted" Pipelines.

Or the deploy() method could maybe look at `env.JOB_NAME` to select from an
inclusion list of Pipelines which execute the rest of the method body?

Otherwise, I'm not sure how you might wish to restrict the usage.

Cheers
- R. Tyler Croy

     Code: <https://github.com/rtyler>
  Chatter: <https://twitter.com/agentdero>
     xmpp: rty...@jabber.org

  % gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-key 1426C7DC3F51E16F