Somebody needs to implement SCMFileSystem for the Subversion plugin. In
principle should not be too hard to do. The code is currently using the
"old-style"
https://github.com/jenkinsci/subversion-plugin/blob/master/src/main/java/jenkins/scm/impl/subversion/SubversionSCMSource.java#L403-L405
so it doesn't need the checkout to test if the branch has a Jenkinsfile,
but it currently needs the checkout to read the Jenkinsfile.

If somebody were to write an implementation of SCMFileSystem (basically two
files that could probably be hacked together from
https://github.com/jenkinsci/gitea-plugin/blob/master/src/main/java/org/jenkinsci/plugin/gitea/GiteaSCMFile.java
and
https://github.com/jenkinsci/gitea-plugin/blob/master/src/main/java/org/jenkinsci/plugin/gitea/GiteaSCMFileSystem.java
and
https://github.com/jenkinsci/subversion-plugin/blob/master/src/main/java/jenkins/scm/impl/subversion/SubversionSCMSource.java#L389-L410
plus some experimentation) then you'd avoid that checkout.

I don't have the time to do that, I suspect you may get further scratching
your own itch. I am happy to review and provide advice if you want to give
it a shot. Should be somewhere between 2h and 2d effort depending on your
skill level and familiarity with Java (not too much Jenkins idioms required
for this functionality, other than putting @Extension on your
SCMFileSystem.Builder class - which, unlike my gitea example, can work for
both SubversionSCM and SubversionSCMSource)