Hello,

I'm trying to add a comment using the Jenkins Jira Plugin.  I see this
functionality should have been added awhile back on the plugin page, but I
cannot seem to figure out how to do this.

per https://wiki.jenkins.io/display/JENKINS/JIRA+Plugin
Version 1.39 (Oct 6, 2013)

   - Ability only to comment issue without processing of workflow (pull #38
   <https://github.com/jenkinsci/jira-plugin/pull/38>)

The Issue Updater plugin and jira-ext plugin both can do this, but I was
hoping to utilize the jenkins jira plugin as much as possible.  If anyone
has any experience with this feature, I'd love to hear how it can be done.
The Marvelution Jira Add-on for jenkins will accomplish exactly this, but
it's polling jenkins for changes to jobs and this would cause too much
overhead for us so I'd prefer to use the jira plugin to do push
notifications for completed jobs.

Thanks in advance!
Josh