On Tue 23 Jan 2018 at 01:32, Guy Knights <guy.knig...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a bit of an issue I've run into. I've set up git mirrors in
> separate subnets and would like my pipeline jobs to use these mirrors as
> the pipeline job source. Until now, we've had a central gitlab repo which
> we allowed access to through our firewall for each remote subnet.
>
> I changed the url to the mirror url but hit a problem immediately. The job
> is started on the master, which clones/pulls the repo source in order to
> access the jenkinsfile. Inside the jenkinsfile is an agent definition that
> transfers the pipeline execution to a jenkins agent in the remote subnet.
> The problem is that the master accesses our local gitlab, while the agent
> nodes are blocked from gitlab and need to instead access the git mirror
> (which is on the same server, for the record).
>
> I will probably have to add a mirror to the jenkins server so both master
> and agents can use a local file:// type url to access it, but I thought I'd
> check here first and see if there's a way to set different repo urls for
> the jenkins master vs the agent nodes. Is this possible?

It’s all 1’s and 0’s so anything is possible... the real question is
whether it is easy...

If you are using pipeline, you can override the default checkout and
replace it with a checkout of the git mirror... with a NODE_NAME ==
‘master’ ? “Gitlab url” : “git mirror url” expression for the repository
URL.

You will need to play some dancing games to get the revision and branch to
be selected if using multibranch type projects.

HTH

> Thanks,
> Guy

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/CANNH9msyOU1BWTGz%2BZnLJ%2B%3DufRupgAY1ptqF3Fa1oFodo2GcEQ%40mail.gmail.com