Recently we upgraded Jenkins from 2.100 to 2.103, and a bunch of plugins at
the same time.
After this we are frequently experiencing checkout scm to freeze at the
last step in this process (git rev-list). It will hang there forever, way
past the default 10 minutes timeout.

Seems we are not the only one experiencing this problem, but while others
have had this problem for quite some time we have only gotten it recently.
https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-46503

Anyone familiar with this problem?

I was thinking of reverting back to Jenkins 2.100 and the following plugins
git 3.6.4
git-client 2.6.0
I have downloaded the JAR files for these plugins.