Good day everybody.

I'm pretty new to both Jenkins and azure (azure more so than jenkins) but I
hope I can leverage some of the knowledge of the group.

We have an existing Jenkins setup with in-house slaves. Our builds
currently run on local slaves with storage allocated to keep multiple jobs
history for debugging etc etc.

Now we're planning on switching to azure and using the Azure VM Agents
plugin to deploy our slaves. We are also planning to move away from keeping
builds and cleaning up after each build.
Estimates show we're likely going to need 120G for all our builds jobs to
run on any agent.

I've created a slave and converted it to an image, this was not a problem.

The problem I'm seeing now is the we have a couple of 8 core build targets,
which I've tested with Standard_F8s_v2 images and they have 30G OS disk and
64G temp disk.

We're using the 64G for jenkins, but have run out of space on a couple of
builds as noted above, we'll need 120G for all our builds to succeed.

The questions I have and cannot seem to find a clear answer for is :

* Where does the 30G OS disk size come from?
  This seems to be linked to the OS. Windows get 128G, Linux 30G ?
* Should I look at resizing the OS disk to accommodate my build data
requirement ?
* I've looked at data disks, but the build data is transient. Is there
cheaper storage where data retention is a priority ?
* If I need to add data disks, how do I do that. I cannot find anything in
the Azure VM Agents pluging for this.
* Am I even approaching this correctly ?

Thank you in advance.
Regards
Henti