I just had this a couple of days back in a shell script. I had to place the
password string (which have the $) within a quote.

But can we put the quotes in the password field of the jenkins credentials
page, wont it not treat the quote as a part of the password string? I
haven’t tested it though.

On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 10:50 PM Mark Waite <mark.earl.wa...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Are you sure that's really a bug?
>
> If the value of mypass is 'ASD123$567' and that is passed as an
> environment variable to the shell, won't the shell see the '$567' and
> attempt to expand an environment variable named '567'?  The expansion of
> $567 is probably the empty string.
>
> If '$' and other special characters are embedded in the password, aren't
> surrounding quotes needed around the expanded result to assure it is not
> interpreted by the shell?
>
> Mark Waite
>

> On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 7:36 PM Slide <slide.o....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Can you file an issue in JIRA?
>>
>> On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 7:10 PM red 888 <fakemailred...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> This is my password: "ASD123$567"
>>>
>>> This doesn't work
>>>
>>> withCredentials([usernamePassword(credentialsId: 'creds',
>>>     usernameVariable: 'myuser', passwordVariable: 'mypass')]) {
>>>     sh "some command --username ${svnuser} --password ${mypass}"
>>> }
>>>

>>> What i see in the output is mypass is not obfuscated and most
>>> importantly it looks like its getting cut off after the "$" so its only
>>> showing ASD123
>>>
>>> --
>>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/16bfd2b1-ad71-4326-ac3c-7693b9c71331%40googlegroups.com
>>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/16bfd2b1-ad71-4326-ac3c-7693b9c71331%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>>> .
>>>
>> --
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/CAPiUgVf9g8GN2BPSGdt9jSR1t%2Bj7%2BzoC%2B711cPQzOO1duu6WYQ%40mail.gmail.com
>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/CAPiUgVf9g8GN2BPSGdt9jSR1t%2Bj7%2BzoC%2B711cPQzOO1duu6WYQ%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>> .

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/CAO49JtGpVxCy1LzOh2KATKNktvnWCYUDEzRnXeQyjN3VAW0iDA%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/CAO49JtGpVxCy1LzOh2KATKNktvnWCYUDEzRnXeQyjN3VAW0iDA%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>

Sent from mobile device, excuse typos if any.