Hi there,

I want to make rest calls from a Jenkinsfile pipeline as a means of
cleaning up artifacts uploaded to Nexus. (pipeline - REST -> Nexus)
This SO answer
<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/34682099/how-to-call-rest-from-jenkins-workflow#answer-34875259>

by amuniz states that the recommended way to go is to use a shell step
instead of a direct groovy call to avoid blocking the main thread. My
question is:

Is it safe to make the 'blocking' groovy call at the end of the pipeline? I
mean, would this blocking be problematic to other builds?

If it is problematic, would an asynchronous groovy call get around this
problem?

Thank you for your attention.