Ji

Sent from OPPO Mail
On jenkinsci-users@googlegroups.com, Feb 17, 2018 9:27 PM wrote:

kaushal mishra <kaushal199...@gmail.com>: Feb 17 07:15AM -0800

Hi wangf,

Did you get the solution for this problem?

On Wednesday, April 5, 2017 at 1:34:14 PM UTC+5:30, wangf wrote:
Vikas Kumar <vikas...@gmail.com>: Feb 16 09:36PM -0800

Hello James,

Did you get this working? I am too facing all sorts of issues trying to do
so.

Regards,
Vikas

On Monday, 16 January 2017 14:09:07 UTC+11, James Regis wrote:
naveen kumar <naving1...@gmail.com>: Feb 16 12:18PM -0800

Console Output Started by user admin Building on master in workspace
C:\Jenkins\JenkinsHome\workspace\HelloWorld Cloning the remote Git
repository Cloning repository
https://github.com/naveenaws2018/HelloWorld.git
<https://www.youtube.com/redirect?event=comments&q=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fnaveenaws2018%2FHelloWorld.git&redir_token=_DReAzBskQfUBrHNQoIR5ENkc9l8MTUxODg5ODQ4NUAxNTE4ODEyMDg1> >
git.exe init C:\Jenkins\JenkinsHome\workspace\HelloWorld # timeout=10 ERROR:
Error cloning remote repo 'origin' Caused by: java.io.IOException: Cannot
run program "git.exe" (in directory
"C:\Jenkins\JenkinsHome\workspace\HelloWorld"): CreateProcess error=2, The
system cannot find the file specified at
java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(Unknown Source) at
hudson.Proc$LocalProc.<init>(Proc.java:249) at
hudson.Proc$LocalProc.<init>(Proc.java:218) at
hudson.Launcher$LocalLauncher.launch(Launcher.java:930) at
hudson.Launcher$ProcStarter.start(Launcher.java:450) at
org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.CliGitAPIImpl.launchCommandIn(CliGitAPIImpl.java:1992) ...
16 more Caused by: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess error=2, The system
cannot find the file specified at java.lang.ProcessImpl.create(Native
Method) at java.lang.ProcessImpl.<init>(Unknown Source) at
java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(Unknown Source) ... 22 more ERROR: Error
cloning remote repo 'origin' Finished: FAILURE Please help
Mark Waite <mark.earl.wa...@gmail.com>: Feb 16 12:28PM -0800

On Friday, February 16, 2018 at 1:24:46 PM UTC-7, naveen kumar wrote:
> org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.CliGitAPIImpl.launchCommandIn(CliGitAPIImpl.java:1992) ...
> 16 more Caused by: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess error=2, The system
> cannot find the file specified

The program "git.exe" is not configured in the PATH for the Jenkins process
on the agent running that command.

There are several ways to fix that. You can add C:\Program Files\Git\bin
to the PATH on that machine before starting the agent, then start the
agent. You can define a tool which installs the Windows "portable git" on
each agent automatically. You can configure the agent in Jenkins by adding
a "tool location" which provides the absolute path to the git executable.
You can enable JGit as a git implementation, then configure your job to use
JGit instead of using command line git.

Mark Waite

naveen kumar <naving1...@gmail.com>: Feb 16 12:41PM -0800

Added the path and launched agent again but no luck

On Saturday, February 17, 2018 at 1:54:46 AM UTC+5:30, naveen kumar wrote:
Mark Waite <mark.earl.wa...@gmail.com>: Feb 16 09:04PM

> Added the path and launched agent again but no luck

Check that the system information page for that agent shows that the PATH
setting was actually applied to that agent. That message indicates that
git.exe is not being found in the PATH.

You might also adjust the configuration of the global git tool (in the
Global Tools Configuration) to use "git" instead of "git.exe" as the git
program. The "exe" suffix is not needed as far as I know.

Mark Waite

naveen kumar <naving1...@gmail.com>: Feb 16 06:23PM -0800

> Thanks Mark.

After adjust the configuration of the global git tool (in the Global Tools
Configuration) it worked fine
raykroe...@gmail.com: Feb 16 11:53AM -0800

I have a Multibranch Pipeline job that builds branches of the main
repository, however I'm unclear what configuration changes I need to make
in order to build and comment on GitHub Pull Requests.

I have the GitHub hooks configured (push, pull request and comment),
however the job does not fire for pull request open, nor does a scan "find"
the pr and build them.

Is there something I am missing in order to have a single job build it all?
What is the prescribed approach to building GitHub pull requests (requires
a pipeline build i.e. Jenkinsfile)?

Jenkins: 2.32.3
Plugins:
- Git:3.01
- GitHub:1.25.0
- GItHub API:1.80
- GitHub Integration Plugin:0.1.0-rc29

- Pipeline:2.5
- Pipeline Multibranch:2.12

- SCM API:2.07
Mark Waite <mark.earl.wa...@gmail.com>: Feb 16 08:07PM

You need the GitHub Branch Source plugin
https://plugins.jenkins.io/github-branch-source for the best experience.
It may not be supported on that old a version of Jenkins.

You may also need a newer version of the git plugin, since there have been
many Pipeline and Multi-branch related improvements to the git plugin since
version 3.0.1.

Mark Waite

raykroe...@gmail.com: Feb 16 02:17PM -0800

Thanks Mark. I am not able to upgrade Jenkins myself (a separate group
manages it) but will install upgrade as much as I'm able.