This helped with my problem. But after macOS reboot (OS update was
installed) Jenkins roll backed to previous version. And also now I have
different problem with Ant but I'm not sure that it's related to this issue.

On Wednesday, May 24, 2017 at 6:00:20 AM UTC+3, Shuguo Yang wrote:

> Hey, this is because Jenkins is running as the user jenkins, which is not
> the current user on your mac.
>
> The default path is "/User/Share/Jenkins", install it under
> "$HOME/.jenkins" to make it work.
> So:
>

> 1. Stop the current Jenkin on your mac.
>
> *sudo launchctl unload /Library/LaunchDaemons/org.jenkins-ci.plist*
> The, double check you can't access "localhost:8080"
>
> 2.  Double click the "jenkins.war" file under "Application/jenkins". You
> will found jenkins
> was reinstalled to "$HOME/.jenkins" again.
>
> 3. Then re-config the job, git should works well
>
> I also encounter this issue, and above steps works well for me.
>
> On Monday, September 19, 2016 at 3:35:05 PM UTC+8, Ankit Arora wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am also getting Error while Connecting Jenkins from Github.
>>
>> *Error : Failed to connect to repository : Error performing command:
>> git.exe ls-remote -h*
>>
>> Please suggest the solution
>>
>> *//BR*
>>

>> *Ankit AroraTest Engineer  *
>> *✉ : **ankitarora...@gmail.com || ankitarora...@gmail.com*
>> *☎ :*
>> *+91-9654293205 ,+91-8285678798 *
>>

>> *P please consider the environment before printing any email    Please
>> say "No" to Plastics *
>>

>> On Sat, Sep 17, 2016 at 4:06 AM, Hung <hung....@voltage-ent.com> wrote:
>>
>>> HI,  I am new to setting up Jenkins.  I am trying to setup a Jenkins
>>> server
>>> on a Mac Mini.  I am having trouble with the Jenkins setup because I
>>> made a
>>> simple project that is to sync to a github repo and then run a script.
>>> Unfortunately I can't get this simple project to run correctly.  I keep
>>> getting a timeout error.  Here is a Console output.
>>>
>>>  15:16:57 Building in workspace
>>> /Users/Shared/Jenkins/Home/workspace/MacWitchesServers
>>> 15:16:57  > /usr/bin/git rev-parse --is-inside-work-tree # timeout=10
>>> 15:16:57 Fetching changes from the remote Git repository
>>> 15:16:57  > /usr/bin/git config remote.origin.url
>>> https://github.com/MyAccount/sample # timeout=10
>>> 15:16:57 Fetching upstream changes from
>>> https://github.com/MyAccount/sample
>>> 15:16:57  > /usr/bin/git --version # timeout=10
>>> 15:16:57 using GIT_ASKPASS to set credentials
>>> 15:16:57  > /usr/bin/git fetch --tags --progress
>>> https://github.com/MyAccount/sample +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
>>> 15:26:57 ERROR: Timeout after 10 minutes
>>> 15:26:57 ERROR: Error fetching remote repo 'origin'
>>> 15:26:57 hudson.plugins.git.GitException: Failed to fetch from
>>> https://github.com/MyAccount/sample
>>> 15:26:57        at hudson.plugins.git.GitSCM.fetchFrom(GitSCM.java:797)
>>> 15:26:57        at
>>> hudson.plugins.git.GitSCM.retrieveChanges(GitSCM.java:1051)
>>> 15:26:57        at hudson.plugins.git.GitSCM.checkout(GitSCM.java:1082)
>>> 15:26:57        at hudson.scm.SCM.checkout(SCM.java:495)
>>> 15:26:57        at
>>> hudson.model.AbstractProject.checkout(AbstractProject.java:1269)
>>> 15:26:57        at
>>>
>>> hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractBuildExecution.defaultCheckout(AbstractBuild.java:604)
>>> 15:26:57        at
>>> jenkins.scm.SCMCheckoutStrategy.checkout(SCMCheckoutStrategy.java:86)
>>> 15:26:57        at
>>>
>>> hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractBuildExecution.run(AbstractBuild.java:529)
>>> 15:26:57        at hudson.model.Run.execute(Run.java:1741)
>>> 15:26:57        at
>>> hudson.model.FreeStyleBuild.run(FreeStyleBuild.java:43)
>>> 15:26:57        at
>>> hudson.model.ResourceController.execute(ResourceController.java:98)
>>> 15:26:57        at hudson.model.Executor.run(Executor.java:410)
>>> 15:26:57 Caused by: hudson.plugins.git.GitException: Command
>>> "/usr/bin/git
>>> fetch --tags --progress https://github.com/MyAccount/sample
>>> +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*" returned status code 143:
>>> 15:26:57 stdout:
>>> 15:26:57 stderr:
>>> 15:26:57        at
>>>
>>> org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.CliGitAPIImpl.launchCommandIn(CliGitAPIImpl.java:1752)
>>> 15:26:57        at
>>>
>>> org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.CliGitAPIImpl.launchCommandWithCredentials(CliGitAPIImpl.java:1495)
>>> 15:26:57        at
>>>
>>> org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.CliGitAPIImpl.access$300(CliGitAPIImpl.java:64)
>>> 15:26:57        at
>>>
>>> org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.CliGitAPIImpl$1.execute(CliGitAPIImpl.java:315)
>>> 15:26:57        at hudson.plugins.git.GitSCM.fetchFrom(GitSCM.java:795)
>>> 15:26:57        ... 11 more