Dear Jenkins users,

As you probably know, in Jenkins 2.107.1 we are going to introduce a
serious security hardening change. XStream and Remoting blacklists will be
replaced by whitelists, so that Jenkins will become more restrictive about
class serialization over the channel. You can find more technical details
about this change in this blogpost
<https://jenkins.io/blog/2018/01/13/jep-200/>.

Before upgrading to the new LTS, make sure to read the Upgrade Guidelines
<https://jenkins.io/doc/upgrade-guide/2.107/#upgrading-to-jenkins-lts-2-107-1>.
There are about 50 plugins affected
<https://wiki.jenkins.io/display/JENKINS/Plugins+affected+by+fix+for+JEP-200>,
so it is important to carefully read the guidelines and follow the upgrade
procedure. More information will be posted soon in an additional blogpost.

There are the following steps to perform during the upgrade:

   1. Read https://jenkins.io/blog/2018/01/13/jep-200
   <https://jenkins.io/blog/2018/01/13/jep-200/#for-jenkins-administrators>
   2. Backup your instance
   3. Update all affected plugins ,

<https://wiki.jenkins.io/display/JENKINS/Plugins+affected+by+fix+for+JEP-200>apply

   workarounds for non-released patches if needed
   4. Monitor your instance to ensure that there is no unknown regressions
   1. Focus on build logs and system logs, events with the link to "
      https://jenkins.io/redirect/class-filter/"; are likely related to
      JEP-200
      2. Report issues (if any) with the "JEP-200" label
      3. Apply workarounds or patches provided by JEP-200 maintainers

In order to simplify the migration, we also have assembled short guidelines
about upgrading to JEP-200. You can find these guidelines here:

   - Slidedeck:
   https://speakerdeck.com/onenashev/jenkins-jep-200-status-update-and-heads-up
   - Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vfnc9t1RuYA

If you need any additional information or assistance, please do not
hesitate to respond to this thread.

Best regards,
Oleg Nenashev