I'm using Jenkins ver. 2.107.1 and I created a Node. See the screenshot
below for the configuration details of the Node.

The node is launched by a "Launch command" which starts an expensive cloud
instance, then starts the agent remotely through ssh, then after the agent
process stops shuts down the machine.

In the agent log I see "Agent successfully connected and online" but even
though the Availability is set to "Take this agent online when in demand,
and offline when idle", and Idle delay is 1, it's never taken offline. I
even specifically marked the agent as offline by clicking a button in its
Status page, but still the same.

I tried to kill the "java -jar agent.jar" process and the machine was shut
down as expected, but then it was brought up again, even though Build Queue
is empty "No builds in the queue".

Why does Jenkins keep bringing it up?

Thanks,
Alex