On Sun, Apr 8, 2018 at 4:05 AM 'Sandra Parsick' via Jenkins Users <
jenkinsci-users@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> Hello Mailinglist,
>
> is it possible to run a pipeline script on all Jenkins nodes?

It depends what you mean by "all Jenkins nodes".  Jenkins includes the
concept of "permanent agents" which persist between jobs and ephemeral
("on-demand") agents that are created and destroyed as needed (most
recently with Docker containers, though full virtual machines are used as
well).

I assume you want to run your Pipeline script on all permanent agents.

The Elastic Axis plugin will allow a Freestyle job to run on all agents
which match a label expression.  The platformlabeler plugin will
automatically apply labels to agents using information about the agent (for
example, the operating system installed on the agent).  I run Freestyle
jobs on all the Linux and Windows agents in my build cluster with the
Elastic Axis plugin and a label expression "linux || windows".

I think the same technique could be used in a Pipeline job, requesting the
list of permanent agents, then creating a task for each of the agents in
the list.  I haven't done that yet (still using Elastic Axis and
platformlabeler), but I think it should be possible.

Mark Waite