Is there a possibility to abort a job during it's execution by the job itself.

For instance the job launch a script that do the update from versioning tool
and if no update are available, then the job is aborted.
This way the job is not stored at all by Jenkins.

Some plugin do already the tool versioning scrutation but we can't use them for
our specific tool versioning version.

This is why I'm looking for a smart way to abort a build.