Hi Sverre,

my comments inlined...

On Sun, Oct 22, 2017 at 11:59 PM Sverre Moe <sverre....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Here follows some observations from running Jenkins in Blue Ocean:
>
> I know BluOcean is not yet finished:
> https://jenkins.io/projects/blueocean/roadmap/
> A small list. I had expected more, but perhaps it near finish.

Hope that some of my observation might lead to improvements on BlueOcean
> because I like it a lot. It is a huge step up in user interface design.
> What I like most from BlueOcean is that I can see the build log output
> from each build node alone, while in classic view it was all mixed together.
>
> 1) Slow initial loading:
> Clicking on a Pipeline: activities takes several seconds to finish loading.
> Clicking on Branches, takes several seconds to finish loading.

2) After initial loading on Multibranch Pipeline in BlueOcean it loads
> faster the second time, but still a little lag.
> "Show more" takes a few seconds to load.

We improved initial page loading time (Dashboard) in 1.5.0 release. It has
been confirmed to be helping users. If it doesn't for you, open a JIRA
issue.

For activities and branches, it will be helpful if you can provide HAR
with a JIRA ticket to see whats causing the slowness in loading. There are
instances, where certain plugins might bring their object graph that might
be slow to read and serve.

> 3) Is it not possible to select view to show in BlueOcean?
> We have a lot of projects, and it would be helpful to limit which views
> project is listed.
> Some projects are also Coverity, maintenance and tools Pipelines and are
> not important for the main user to see.

I guess you mean View as in classic Jenkins? We do not support that in
BlueOcean.  'Search Pipeline' on dashboard in combination with favorites
might help you with that.

> 4) Warnings in the log output.
> Lots of the following WARNING
> Specially when I click on Show more

Looks like you are on old BlueOcean. It was reported in
https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-48322 and fix is available
since 1.4.0 release.

Vivek.
--