I have never seen a case where a job is triggered by branch deletion.

The GitHub Branch Source plugin will (correctly) disable a job associated
with a branch when branch deletion is detected, and will (correctly) remove
the job according to the settings for that repository.

If the GitHub webhooks are notifying Jenkins of a branch deletion, that
seems like a good thing, not a bad thing.

Mark Waite