Trying to tun a podTemaplate with the following containerTemplate, we get
the following error:

npm ERR! path /home/jenkins/package.json
npm ERR! code ENOENT
npm ERR! errno -2
npm ERR! syscall open
npm ERR! enoent ENOENT: no such file or directory, open
'/home/jenkins/package.json'
npm ERR! enoent This is related to npm not being able to find a file.
npm ERR! enoent

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR! /home/jenkins/.npm/_logs/2018-07-18T10_27_32_822Z-debug.log

Configurations:

Jenkinsfile PodTemplate:

deftestpod="testpod-${UUID.randomUUID().toString()}"
podTemplate(label: testpod, containers: [
containerTemplate(
name: 'myContainer',
image: 'gcr.io/xxx/xxxs/zzz:latest',
alwaysPullImage: true
)],
volumes: [
hostPathVolume(hostPath: '/var/run/docker.sock', mountPath:
'/var/run/docker.sock')
])
    {
try{
node(testpod) {
stage ("checkout") {
container('myContainer')
{ checkout scm }

}

zzz dockerfile:

FROM node:8.9.4-alpine
RUN mkdir -p /usr/src/app

WORKDIR /usr/src/app

COPY package.json /usr/src/app/
ARG NODE_ENV
ENV NODE_ENV $NODE_ENV

   1. Add packages needed to build native dependencies
   RUN apk add --no-cache --virtual .gyp \
   python \
   make \
   g++ \
   git \
   && npm install --quit && npm cache clean --force \
   && apk del .gyp

RUN apk add --no-cache vim curl
COPY . .

EXPOSE 8888
CMD [ "npm", "start"]

*****

/home/jenkins is mounted as a volume

1. Why this mounted volume effects the container?

2. Does the plugin do anything besides "docker run <docker id>"? I am
asking this because I don't understand why it is running "nmp install"...

3. Can you please suggest how can this be fixed?

FYI -

If I add a working directory to the containerTemplate I get the same error
with the working directory path:

working directory configuration:
workingDir: '/usr/src/app',

Err msg:

kubectl logs -f -c workers jenkins-slave-4tfz2-3nw6d -n jenkins
npm ERR! path /usr/src/app/package.json
npm ERR! code ENOENT
npm ERR! errno -2
npm ERR! syscall open
npm ERR! enoent ENOENT: no such file or directory, open
'/usr/src/app/package.json'