Jenkins generally prefers that workspaces are not hard-coded locations on
specific machines.  Setting a workspace as a hard-coded location causes
problems like:

   - Only one build can run at a time (throughput limit)
   - Only one machine can run the build (performance limit)
   - Source repository is copied into the workspace (undesirable for
   websites since it risks making your site history available through your web
   server accidentally)
   - Accidental tool and file system dependencies are not detected because
   the same machine and dir is used for every build

Rather than using /srv/www/htdocs as a Jenkins workspace, you should create
a "deploy step" in your build process that copies from a working directory
(assigned by Jenkins automatically) to /srv/www/htdocs after all the build
and verification steps are complete.

Mark Waite