When you've reset and done a clean setup, you may want to capture the
"Manage Jenkins" -> "System Information" page to record the value of the
variable "JENKINS_HOME".

JENKINS_HOME is the directory which contains the "config.xml" file that I
described earlier.  Inside %JENKINS_HOME%\config.xml you'll find the
'<useSecurity>' XML tag.

Mark Waite