I thought the question was trying to determine if the Jenkins installation
was done from apt, rpm, MSI, chocolatey, or using a war file.  Interesting
the different assumptions we make to a question.

Can the original questioner clarify what they were asking?

On Wed, Nov 14, 2018 at 7:33 PM Martin d'Anjou <martin.danjo...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> If you mean how do you test if an instance is ready (after a restart), you
> can use curl.
>
> httpCode=$(curl -s -w "%{http_code}" -X GET $JENKINS_URL)
> while [[  $httpCode != "200" ]]; do
>     sleep 5
>     httpCode=$(curl -s -w "%{http_code}" -X GET $JENKINS_URL)
> done
> echo "Jenkins is ready."
>

> On Wednesday, November 14, 2018 at 10:03:44 AM UTC-5, gotvi...@gmail.com
> wrote:
>>
>> Hello, how do I find out how a Jenkins instance has been installed?

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/70b0817f-aa60-42cc-bd83-713742c305aa%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/70b0817f-aa60-42cc-bd83-713742c305aa%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>

Thanks!
Mark Waite