On Fri, Feb 1, 2019 at 5:10 AM Archana Srichandan <
archana.srichan...@4tigo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>  Thanks for your reply. I gave the url as serverip:path to repository, The
> username is given as the user of the remote server to which to do SSH. I
> have created a private key for the user which I am logged in into the
> jenkins server. I am copying the private key directly and also the
> passphrase. Still I am not able to clone from the repository. Please let me
> know if I am doing something wrong.
> Note. Jenkins is running behind tomcat. (I deploy jenkins through tomcat).

Does the passphrase include characters which are special to the shell (like
'#', '*', '(', or ')')?  If so, use a private key with a passphrase that
does not include characters that are special to the shall.  The current git
client plugin implementation has a problem with shell special characters in
passphrases.

Mark Waite

> Regards,
> Archana Srichandan
>

> On Thu, Jan 31, 2019 at 8:58 PM Mark Waite <mark.earl.wa...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Did you assign a private key credential to that job?  A username.password
>> credential won't work with an SSH URL.  A private key credential won't work
>> with an http or https URL.
>>
>> If the private key has a passphrase, did you provide the passphrase when
>> defining the credential in Jenkins?
>>
>> Did you confirm that the private key will authenticate from the command
>> line?
>>
>> Mark Waite
>>
>> On Tue, Jan 29, 2019 at 3:17 PM <archana.srichan...@4tigo.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I am not able to run my git repo on Jenkins ,attach is the screen shot
>>> for your reference.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Archana Srichandan
>>>
>>> --