My recollection from previous times was that FIPS-140-2 compliant
implementations must be "certified".  I thought that required that a
FIPS-140-2 implementation had to be purchased and included into the product
that was intended to be FIPS-140-2 compliant.  Jenkins has not purchased a
FIPS-140-2 compliant library.  It uses open source implementations of
cryptographic algorithms.

However, my exposure to that requirement was quite brief and may be
entirely incorrect.

Mark Waite

On Wed, Feb 13, 2019 at 11:43 AM Dunnigan (US), Terrence J <
terrence.j.dunni...@boeing.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestion! We tried it and the ssh command said it wasn’t
> allowed to use ed25519 in FIPS mode. We’ve connected via JNLP so perhaps
> the issue has been sidestepped.
>

> Thanks again,
>

> Terry

Thanks!