You may be able to reduce clone times by using a reference repository when
performing the checkout from your pipeline.  I've found that an explicitly
declared checkout significantly reduces the network data transfer and the
disc usage when I have a reference repository on the agent and on the
master.

https://github.com/MarkEWaite/jenkins-bugs/blob/JENKINS-43931/Jenkinsfile
shows an example in a scripted Pipeline.

Mark Waite

On Thu, Feb 14, 2019 at 6:59 AM Viacheslav Dubrovskyi <dub...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> 14.02.2019 12:58, Steven Foster пишет:
> > It would definitely be my preferred way of building code, but
> > unfortunately the Jenkins master has to clone and perform the merge
> > per pipeline every time. That doesn't scale on a sizeable repo with
> > many active PRs and 12 multibranch pipelines :(
>
> Agree. And you must clone the repository at least 2 times. The first
> time to get Jenkinsfile, the second for tests. It is very annoying. It
> would be convenient to somehow be able to use previously cloned code.
>

> --
>
> WBD,
> Viacheslav Dubrovskyi

Thanks!