(replies inline)

On Tue, 12 Mar 2019, Badarch Nergui wrote:

> For that and some other reasons I've been thinking about centralizing the
> scheduling of all of our jobs.
>
> Jenkins isn't really intended for this, but it could work.
>

> Enterprise grade job scheduling software is REALLY expensive, but also kind of
> overkill.

This is one of those areas where technically Jenkins can do it, and you might
be able to hack something into place, but it's not its core competency.

I have been looking to move some workloads, especially those around the Hadoop
ecosystem, to Apache Airflow (https://airflow.apache.org/) which I believe is a
bit better suited for general purpose job and dependent task scheduling.

Cheers

--
GitHub:  https://github.com/rtyler

GPG Key ID: 0F2298A980EE31ACCA0A7825E5C92681BEF6CEA2