>> Please see new FAQ entry
https://wiki.jenkins.io/display/JENKINS/Pipeline+Maven+Plugin#PipelineMavenPlugin-HowcanItroubleshootproblemsoftriggerofdownstreampipelines

I have improved the FAQ entry based on your feedback, can you please have a
look?

>  I had to add a "Pipeline Graph Publisher" with the dropdown "Add
Publisher Options". In there, I could switch the option "Maven lifecycle
phase threshold" from "deploy" to "install".

Good that you figured this out. The User Experience is not great but I
didn't find better so far.

> That leaves the weird behavior of the artifactsPublisher and my comments
about the new FAQ item.

There is a non intuitive UX on the Pipeline Maven Plugin here: the
artifactPublisher is just about "fingerprinting" and "archiving" the
generated artifacts, it is NOT about updating the dependency graph that
tracks (in a database) the produced and consumed artifacts. The
"pipelineGraphPublisher" was introduced way after the "artifactsPublisher"
(~6/12 months after).
I suspect that the "pipelineGraphPublisher" is invoked twice in your
pipeline.

> That triggers the downstream builds of feature branches. Now, I have to
figure out how to share the artifacts. See my post "Chained builds" for my
thoughts on that.

I'll have a look, it is a difficult problem to solve. I didn't yet deep
dive in https://maven.apache.org/maven-ci-friendly.html that seem to be
related to the problem you want to solve.