On Thu, Apr 25, 2019 at 7:10 AM Hello Universe <aditada...@gmail.com> wrote:

> How to use installed certificates from win8 using signtool?

Run the Windows agent from the Windows desktop rather than running it from
a service which has been allowed to interact with the desktop.  There seem
to be cases where programs run from services allowed to interact with the
desktop don't have the exact same capabilities as programs run from the
desktop.

Mark Waite

> On Thursday, August 27, 2015 at 10:51:29 PM UTC+8, Ed of the Mountain
> wrote:
>>
>> When I try to code sign in my Jenkins job I receive a SignTool error:
>>

>> c:\jenkins\workspace\codesign-windows>
>>
>> signtool sign /t http://timestamp.digicert.com /n "Acme Inc." code.exe
>>
>> SignTool Error: No certificates were found that met all the given criteria.
>>

>> I am using a DigiCert Extend Validation ( EV ) USB token that requires the
>> USB token be connected to the build machine.  This works fine when logged on
>> as normal user.
>>

>>    - I am running Jenkins as a Windows service.
>>    - Service Log On is set to Local System account.
>>    - Service is *allowed to interact with desktop.*
>>

>> When I logon as a normal user to the build machine, it works fine.
>>

>> 1 - signtool sign /t http://timestamp.digicert.com /n "Acme Inc." code.exe
>>
>> 2 - This triggers a pop-up "Token Logon" dialog that requires user
>> interaction
>>
>> 3 - I have a separate "Token Logon" watcher that finds the WIndows ID and
>> enters password.
>>
>> 4 - Code is signed automatically
>>

>> C:\jenkins\workspace\codesign-windows>signtool sign /t
>> http://timestamp.digicert
>> .com /n "The Charles Machine Works, Inc." token-logon.exe
>> Done Adding Additional Store
>> Successfully signed: token-logon.exe
>>

>> Any suggestions to try are much appreciated,
>>

>> -Ed
>>
>> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/5c8ab94c-96ef-433d-9753-44336a67f2d5%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/5c8ab94c-96ef-433d-9753-44336a67f2d5%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>