If you'd like labels assigned automatically to your agents, install
the "Platform
Labeler Plugin <https://plugins.jenkins.io/platformlabeler>".

If the labels assigned by the platform labeler plugin are not generic
enough, install the "Implied Labels Plugin
<https://plugins.jenkins.io/implied-labels>" and you can define that all
agents with the label "CentOS" should also be assigned the label "linux"
(as an example).  It simplifies the management of labels.

If you'd like an example implied labels definition for various Linux
operating systems, I have one in my docker repository
<https://github.com/MarkEWaite/docker-lfs/blob/4a9773f22066c9db6fa7841fcbcfb14dacd26918/ref/org.jenkinsci.plugins.impliedlabels.Config.xml#L8>
.

On Mon, May 20, 2019 at 6:18 AM Bob TheBuilder <thebuilderb...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Gregory,
>
> what kind of Jenkinsfile do you use? Scripted or declarative?
> In scripted, you would enclose your sh in a
>
>> node('linux_label') {
>> sh "your shell script"
>> }
>

> , on declarative, use
> stage ("Run on Linux only") {
>    agent { label "linux_label" }
>    steps {
>    script {
>      sh "you shell script"
>    }
> }
>
>  with agent('linux_label'). Linux label would be a label you attached to
> the Linux slave/node

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/e81a95b4-d8a4-4fa0-931a-f314e9616796%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/e81a95b4-d8a4-4fa0-931a-f314e9616796%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>

Thanks!