Are you quite sure that your configuration did not change in about the same
time as that upgrade?

The log file indicates that you're running command line git as provided by
Cygwin.  Is that intentional?  Has it always been that way?

I don't test the Jenkins git plugin with Cygwin.  I test with Git for
Windows.  I'm glad cygwin git works, but don't intend to apply effort to
make it work.

I don't see anything suspicious or troubling in the list of updates.  As
far as I can tell, none of them should have changed that behavior of the
git plugin.

Thanks!
Mark Waite