Hello fellow Jenkins users and developers,

I am a product manager at CloudBees and have taken over responsibility for the
Jenkins Blue Ocean sub-project. Over the last year, the teams working on
Jenkins at CloudBees have looked at the initiative of overhauling the Jenkins
user experience. This analysis led us to conclude that Blue Ocean is a great
way to work with Jenkins Pipelines but that it’s not the best way to achieve
the larger goal of overhauling the entire Jenkins user experience. Christina
Noren's blog post on CloudBees and Jenkins
<https://www.cloudbees.com/blog/cloudbees-and-jenkins-update> gives a good
update of the work we are doing at CloudBees on Jenkins overall. The CloudBees
teams working on Jenkins are currently engaged in a discovery process to start
a large project to modernize the overall user experience in Jenkins. This
research goes beyond simple user interface updates and focuses on usability in
addition to  modern aesthetics.

I believe that Pipeline is THE way that continuous integration and continuous
delivery are best done in Jenkins. Therefore, I am proposing that we raise
Pipeline to become a top-level sub-project within Jenkins.

Making Pipeline a top-level sub-project will:
Clearly tie Jenkins to CI/CD for new and existing Jenkins users
Make it easier for everyone to find documentation for using CI/CD Pipelines in
Jenkins
Help the community and CloudBees to continue to improve and build out new
features for Pipeline and to improve documentation and examples
Help clarify that Blue Ocean is a feature of Jenkins Pipeline

I look forward to getting your feedback. Thank you for your time.

Regards

Jeremy Hartley
Senior Product Manager
CloudBees, Inc.