I'm working with someone who has defined a Jenkins job that does some
sophisticated work to set up choice properties.  Each property has a small
script that computes the possible values.  It attempts to get the values
from the same git repository that the Jenkinsfile resides in.
Unfortunately, it appears that the available context in a property script
is pretty weak.  We can't use "withCredentials", because this isn't
executing in the context of a build job.

Someone suggested having a separate job get these credentials and then
write them to a file using "archiveArtifacts", and then somehow read the
contents of that artifact in the property script.  Does that seem like it
would be even possible?