All of our Jenkins servers are configured from code that is under SCM
control (configuration as code). In order to get around a similar problem
described here
<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/24563694/jenkins-unable-to-find-valid-certification-path-to-requested-target-error-whil>
 I'm
trying to set the `Use browser for metadata download' setting from Groovy.

In my case the error stems from Jenkins trying to find updates from the
Internet, despite having no update server settings set and being on an
internal network with no Internet access.

However I'm unable to find any exposed API for the above setting. Is there
a way of doing this, say by using a generic Jenkins config class?

Failing that can one prevent Jenkins from doing any periodic checks for
updates? Has anyone else got around this problem using Groovy?

The skip-certificate-check
<https://wiki.jenkins.io/display/JENKINS/Skip+Certificate+Check+plugin> Jenkins
plugin that was suggested in the above question didn't make any difference.

I want to get rid of, certainly more common, exceptions in the Jenkins log
and the nasty red message that comes up on the manage plugins pages.

We're using version 1.19.0 of the jenkinsci/blueocean Docker image.

Many thanks in advance,

Tony.