Thanks a lot to all who've replied, this mailing list rocks! I'll try to
summarize:

I've asked here, because the wiki page "How to report an issue" tells me
"The Jenkins JIRA is not a support site. If you need assistance or have
general questions, visit us in chat <https://jenkins.io/chat/>, or email
the very first lines. See
https://wiki.jenkins.io/display/JENKINS/How+to+report+an+issue

Still using subversion, so the hint about a too old git version on stock
CentOS7 doesn't matter here.

My apologies, Mark Waite. I didn't know that the maintainer of the
changelog url changed, and i guess all of us jenkins users respect your
effort to make it happen as good and fast as possible. Since you've asked
for help to get an automatic changelog page, i would like to give it a try
when you give me more infos about how it should go, and which kind of
environment is available. Shell and/or Tcl scripting would be no problem,
but don't ask me about groovy.

About personal opinions about M$ file systems: agreed. scp or sshfs would
help, but isn't much better. The key point here is, regression test
machines in the local environment report results and logfiles to a network
file system. Not a real performance issue. Other regression tests do some
ftp transfers, and scripts need to check what and how much does get there
(via CIFS share). So, instead of starting a JNLP session on each Windows
agent manually (with access to a network share), it would be nice to see a
solution which runs "jenkins as a service" (currently without error-less
solution that has access to a network share). Thanks Simon for your hints,
tried again, but still without success. Gives something like 'no access to
Windows Event log' and exited. Thanks Simon Richter for your tips. Need to
investigate and will report when having success.

About the "Check job prerequisites" jenkins plugin (aka "Slave
Prerequisites plugin"... shouldn't this be named "Agent Prerequisites
plugin" soon?): I have checked this with a fresh jenkins LTS and latest
weekly distribution, and issue2 is reproducible: Select "windows batch
command" at "Check job prerequisites" in any job, it is saved ok, reading
the job's xml file. When loading job configuration again, it is displayed
as "shell script" and saved as such (not as "windows batch command"). Ok, i
guess i have to create an JIRA account&issue...

Thanks a lot, Ivan Fernandez Calvo, for opening JENKINS-60289
<https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-33287>. It's not a real
showstopper, but it is time consuming to manually login to each (of many)
ssh clients witthout detecting any issues, just (not) to get rid of a
jenkins warning (which possibly sits in some kind of not-updated cache?).
BTW, a 'grep sshHostKeyVerificationStrategy nodes/*/config.xml' in
CWD=~jenkins reports the expected
class="hudson.plugins.sshslaves.verifiers.KnownHostsFileKeyVerificationStrategy"

for all nodes.

About Remoting disconnects:
https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-33287 is still reproducible on
Windows with disabled IPv4 stack (which is a requirement for local
regresssion tests).

 Thaaanks & Cheers, Peter