Am Mittwoch, den 15.01.2020, 14:38 +0000 schrieb David Aldrich:

We build large C++ projects using Jenkins for Linux platforms.  These build
jobs currently run on a single executor.  I want 'make -j' or ninja to compile
concurrently on several cores to speed up the build time.  How can I cause a
job to utilise multiple executors on an agent in this way?

These are two completely different things. The number of executers defines how
man Jenkins jobs an agent can run in parallel. If you want to run your build
(as executed by ONE job) as a parallel build, then you just need to specify the
level of concurrency inside that single job, just like you would do if it was
executed manually from within a shell (don't know whether Jenkins has a "make"
plugin).

This is also how we do it. All build nodes only have one Jenkins executor to
ensure we only run one job at a time on any given node. But the builds executed
by these jobs can then utilize all the CPU cores in that node.

HTH...

Dirk

--

Dirk Heinrichs
Senior Systems Engineer, Delivery Pipeline
OpenText ™ Discovery | Recommind
Phone: +49 2226 15966 18
Email: dhein...@opentext.com<mailto:dhein...@opentext.com>
Website: www.recommind.de
Recommind GmbH, Von-Liebig-Straße 1, 53359 Rheinbach
Vertretungsberechtigte Geschäftsführer Gordon Davies, Madhu Ranganathan,
Christian Waida, Registergericht Amtsgericht Bonn, Registernummer HRB 10646
notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized
forbidden
Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten
haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese Mail.
Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail sind nicht
gestattet.