Hi,

I'd expect this to be somewhat obvious, but it doesn't seem to be: I have a
JNLP agent on a Windows VM that should talk to the Jenkins master on
another VM in the same network. The Jenkins master has a standard nginx
proxy before it to allow external requests to come in.

The agent now connects to the proxy, requests connection information,
receives the port number and connects to the proxy's IP address with the
port number it received from the master.

Obviously this fails because the proxy does not forward the internal agent
ports (these are not supposed to be externally visible).

Is there a way to let the Jenkins master hand out not only the port number
but also the correct IP address to agents (after all, being run behind a
proxy seems to be a very common use case to the extent that the public URL
is configurable)?

   Simon