Is there any reason to believe that using the new -webSocket mode for
agents would be any less sluggish at archiving artifacts from agent to
master than ssh mode?

Using the ssh-slaves-plugin I'm getting abysmal throughput (~13Mbps) when
artifacts are being copied from agent to master, despite their 10GBps link:
https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-7921

Reading up on some of the conversations on this long-standing issue over
the last decade, I'm not confident that this performance is going to be
improved. So, I'm considering alternatives, like using WebSocket agents. I
read here
<https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-18276?focusedCommentId=249851&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-249851>that

the problem might be that "Jenkins archives via its control channel (e.g.
ssh slave - using java SSH implementation JSCH). The java ssh just can't
get anywhere near 1Gb/s network speed that native SSH can manage easily"

So, I was just wondering if WebSocket Agents might perform better at
archiving artifacts bc they are implemented so differently.

Thanks,
Tim Black