Dear all,

As you may know, there was a major Fastly outage that led to many outages
around the web. Fastly is a worldwide Content Delivery Network (CDN)
service used by many sites and services (website <https://www.fastly.com/>).
Fastly sponsors the Jenkins project, and we use it for many services, and
we have been a happy user of it for more than one year by now. Many Jenkins
services were affected.

Examples of affected services: Jenkins website (jenkins.io
<https://www.jenkins.io>), documentation site, plugins site (
plugins.jenkins.io/), update centers, and even the status page (
status.jenkins.io). These services are used by many Jenkins instances, and
also by many Jenkins developers, adopters and vendors. There might have
been lasting impact on user instances, including but not limited to: plugin
update failures, documentation access issues, monitoring alerts, etc.

The Jenkins infrastructure team is aware of the situation. We are working
on the resolution where possible, and we wait for the resolution of the
root cause on Fastly’s side. If you want to participate in the resolution,
join our #jenkins-infra channel on libera.chat
<https://www.jenkins.io/chat/#internet-relay-chat-irc>. We will also do a
public retrospective later, stay tuned for the follow-ups.

Thanks for your patience, and #HugOps to the Fastly team.

Best regards,

Oleg Nenashev

Jenkins Infra Team