I'm curious, now that this config setting is gone, and now there is the
"jenkins.model.Jenkins.buildsDir" system property
<https://www.jenkins.io/doc/book/managing/system-properties/>, are you now
using that to separate your jobs/ from your builds/?

We're using Jenkins CasC to manage all jenkins configuration, and are
trying to implement a solution for backing up and restoring build history,
to provide build history continuity across promotions of jenkins clusters
across dev/test/staging/prod environments. The previous plan was just to
backup the jobs/ dir (we're using restic to make external backups from a
simple hourly cron job), but since CasC also writes to this area, I'm
thinking that separating jobs/ from builds/ in this way would provide some
insurance against unforeseen conflicts of these two mechanisms interfering
with one another.

Thoughts?