On Mon, Jun 14, 2021 at 11:37 AM Alan Sparks <alan.l.spa...@microfocus.com>
wrote:

> Downloads of Jenkins LTS and plugins is very slow for me today in Colorado
> US.  Are there known issues?
>
> This site appears to suggest problems:
> https://p.datadoghq.com/sb/0Igb9a-a5ff8c4199

I don't see anything there that suggests general problems.  6 hours ago the
monitoring detected a brief period where pkg.jenkins.io and several others
were unreachable (possible DNS issue?).  No issues since then.

When I open https://get.jenkins.io/war-stable/2.289.1/jenkins.war?mirrorlist
it shows that
https://mirror.xmission.com/jenkins/war-stable/2.289.1/jenkins.war is the
mirror selected for me (also in northern Colorado).  When I download from
that mirror, the bits transfer at about 1 MB/sec.  That's significantly
slower than usual from that mirror (I usually see up to 10 MB/sec), but it
may be the mirror is heavily loaded or is undergoing maintenance.

We really could use more mirrors in the western portion of North America.
If you know any companies that would be willing to host a Jenkins mirror,
please provide contact information to the Jenkins infra mailing list.

Thanks,
Mark Waite