We are migrating from a single build pipeline to a pair of pipelines. The
first will build our "platform" and then the second will build the
application. This is because we will soon have multiple applications using
the same platform.

The applications should build if the platform changes OR if the application
code changes.

The application builds can be triggered by the usual source tree scanning
logic in jenkins. But what is the best way to make sure that the
application jobs all run wen the platform changes? Should I add a job build
commands to the end of the platform pipeline to trigger all of the
application builds? If I do this, is there a way to determine in the
application builds that they were triggered by the platform build?