Hi again,

Just worked out my own answer. I just needed to add a defclass line to my clp file, so it knew about the class!

(defclass newAddress Address) ;; new line of code
(defrule complete-address (newAddress (locality ~nil) (number ~nil) (postCode ~nil) (state ~nil) (streetName ~nil) ) => (printout t "launching" crlf) )

Sorry, it always seems like I work it out after posting, even though I really think before posting. :-( I guess I answered my first question from a Jess user though!

So it's not a complete waste, is the following line still the reccomended way of loading rules from Java?

engine.executeCommand("(batch jess_test.clp)");

Ta,
Matt

--
Matthew Hutchinson