Jess's usual representation for arrays is a Jess list -- is that what
you're looking for? There isn't a public API built into Jess for
turning an array into a List, but now that you're pointing out the
need, it seems like a good addition. For now, though, your obj2array
function is the best way to go.

[Charset koi8-r unsupported, filtering to ASCII...]