OK, now tell us why you would want to change the default conflict resolution strategy, mainly the one that says that the most recent rule will fire first. Actually, it's a "bit" more complex than that and the reasoning for using MEA versus LEX versus other methods were explored and answered many, many years ago by Dr.'s Newell and Simon, the mentors of several of the illustrious C&M alumnae. Anyway, MEA and LEX et al are all discussed in several well-written books on the subject, primarily Cooper and Wogrin or Girratano and Riley. So, in answer to your original question, the reason is that the conflict resolution strategy has determined which rule would fire first and the reasoning of the conflict resolution strategy should remain like it is unless you understand the reasoning and have a good reason for changing the same. (Goodness. Don't we sound pompous tonight?) :-) Perhaps I should read more and write less...

SDG
jco