Amen.  But ONLY if the organization (person) who owned the copyright actually wanted
to go to the bother and trouble of doing so.  It is my understanding that prior to the
infamous Lotus/whoever case that the copyright laws were such that you only had to
change 10% of the existing code to
make it your own.  That involved changing only the header file in some code.  However,
after the Lotus case "look and feel" became an important factor.

Also, if you will recall, Borland dBASE III and dBASE II lost their copyright because
a large percentage of their code came from some public domain code that they did not
acknowledge in their original copyright application.  For a period of about 90 days,
we all made legal copies of dBASE
III.

Besides all that, it shows a total lack of competence to blatantly copy someone else's
code.  If you're not smart enough to look at what someone else has done and then
create your own, you should change your line of business; say, become a lawyer or a
used car salesman.  If you're not smart
enough to see someone else's code and then go create some code of your own to do the
same thing, then maybe you should consider a career in the food service industry.  :-)

--

ttfn

IHN
Jim

---------------------------------
James C. Owen
Knowledge-Based Systems Corporation
4817 Buckskin Drive
Fort Worth, Texas  76137

817.314.0584 Office
817.314.0585 FAX
817.247.8976 Cellular

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.kbsc.com

"I Love You ... I Love You ... I Love You. -God"
(Seen on a billboard in DFW MetroPlex.)