Hi!

>It would not be terribly complex, but I believe it would
>entail a noticeable performance hit.

I see the performance issues with multiple inheritance. Also, I'm not sure
about the significance of multiple inheritance, i.e., I don't know the
relative number of problems where it could help.

Are there any design patterns / best practices for cases actually involving
multiple inheritance? Practical problems include the implementation of
ontologies or reasoning about UML models (the UML Meta-model makes heavy
use of multiple inheritance. Hey, Osvaldo, are you still on the list?).

Thomas

Dipl.-Inform. Thomas Barnekow
Fraunhofer IAO, Competence Center Software Technology

 mail:   Nobelstraße 12, D-70569 Stuttgart,
         Germany

 phone:  +49 (0) 711 / 970 - 2346

 fax:    +49 (0) 711 / 970 - 2300

 mobile: +49 (0) 172 / 7126018