Do the decorators actually enlarge the API of the defclassed class? In that case, you'll only be able to match those additional properties using Java method calls. Otherwise, things would work out fine; you could even just defclass the interface, if that's how things are structured. Otherwise, can you give us a concrete example to discuss?