I'm developing a kind of "expert system" to perform exploratory data analysis.
I'm using R/Rserve as a data analysis scripting language within a tomcat java
web app along with Jess. I've recently "discovered" something called Incanter
and Clojure. A statistics library for Lisp implemented on a Java VM.

Does anyone here know how well Clojure performs and interoperates with java?
(It looks like you can invoke java classes in a similar way that Jess does)The
Java client for Rserve is quite primitive.

It looks like the incanter stats library might not be sufficient at the moment
anyway.
(The stats and plotting features of R are unmatched)