From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Daily devotions for 06-16-2004:
Devotion: Morning and Evening
Morning Title: We Will Not Perish
Evening Title: Our Light and Salvation
Do you enjoy this devotional? Send it on to a friend!

Morning: We Will Not Perish
"And I give unto them eternal life, and they shall never perish."
--John 10:28

The Christian should never think or speak lightly
of unbelief. For a child of God to mistrust His
love, His truth, His faithfulness, must be
greatly displeasing to Him. How can we ever
grieve Him by doubting His upholding grace?
Christian! it is contrary to every promise of
God's precious Word that thou shouldst ever be
forgotten or left to perish. If it could be so,
how could He be true who has said, "Can a woman
forget her sucking child, that she should not
have compassion on the son of her womb? Yea, they
may forget, yet will I never forget thee." What
were the value of that promise--"The mountains
shall depart, and the hills be removed; but My
kindness shall not depart from thee, neither
shall the covenant of My peace be removed, saith
the Lord that hath mercy on thee." Where were the
truth of Christ's words--"I give unto My sheep
eternal life; and they shall never perish,
neither shall any man pluck them out of My hand.

My Father, which gave them Me, is greater than
all; and no man is able to pluck them out of My
Father's hand." Where were the doctrines of
grace? They would be all disproved if one child
of God should perish. Where were the veracity of
God, His honour, His power, His grace, His
covenant, His oath, if any of those for whom
Christ has died, and who have put their trust in
Him, should nevertheless be cast away? Banish
those unbelieving fears which so dishonour God.
Arise, shake thyself from the dust, and put on
thy beautiful garments. Remember it is sinful to
doubt His Word wherein He has promised thee that
thou shalt never perish. Let the eternal life
within thee express itself in confident rejoicing.

"The gospel bears my spirit up:
A faithful and unchanging God
Lays the foundation for my hope,
In oaths, and promises, and blood."

Evening: Our Light and Salvation
"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom
shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my
life; of whom shall I be afraid?" --Psalm 27:1

"The Lord is my light and my salvation." Here is
personal interest, "my light," "my salvation";
the soul is assured of it, and therefore declares
it boldly. Into the soul at the new birth divine
light is poured as the precursor of salvation;
where there is not enough light to reveal our own
darkness and to make us long for the Lord Jesus,
there is no evidence of salvation. After
conversion our God is our joy, comfort, guide,
teacher, and in every sense our light: He is
light within, light around, light reflected from
us, and light to be revealed to us. Note, it is
not said merely that the Lord gives light, but
that He is light; nor that He gives salvation,
but that He is salvation; he, then, who by faith
has laid hold upon God, has all covenant
blessings in his possession. This being made sure
as a fact, the argument drawn from it is put in
the form of a question, "Whom shall I fear?" A
question which is its own answer.

The powers of darkness are not to be feared, for
the Lord, our light, destroys them; and the
damnation of hell is not to be dreaded by us, for
the Lord is our salvation. This is a very
different challenge from that of boastful
Goliath, for it rests, not upon the conceited
vigour of an arm of flesh, but upon the real
power of the omnipotent I AM. "The Lord is the
strength of my life." Here is a third glowing
epithet, to show that the writer's hope was
fastened with a threefold cord which could not be
broken. We may well accumulate terms of praise
where the Lord lavishes deeds of grace. Our life
derives all its strength from God; and if He
deigns to make us strong, we cannot be weakened
by all the machinations of the adversary. "Of
whom shall I be afraid?" The bold question looks
into the future as well as the present. "If God
be for us," who can be against us, either now or in time to come?

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/IYOolB/TM
Daftar : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Keluar : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Posting: [EMAIL PROTECTED]