From: "Rini Hellemans" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

THE LATEST NEWS ABOUT NIAS ISLAND

Gunungsitoli ( SIB)
Dec 29, 2004
Dear all,
Readers out side Nias Island or out side Indonesian who are looking for the new
news (some asked via e-mail and niasisland.com) about Nias Island after
disaster waving of Tsunami, here you go. It has taken from SIB and Nias
Island.com

HOPEFULLY THOSE OF YOU, WHO ALREADY KNOWN THIS NEWS WOULD LIKE TO MAKE SOME
ACTIONS TO HELP PEOPLE THERE STILL IN PAIN. GBU.
translated by Juliman Harefa

Victim Disaster waving Tsunami in district of Mandrehe Sub-Province Nias
reported by still a lot evacuate into mountain or plateau and perforced to
sleep on the trees, because they are still worrying the existence of earthquake
accompanied by waving Tsunami supplement

That report is submitted by DPRD Nias Damili R Gea SH member, Tuesday ( 28 /
12) after direct vision of the condition of several hours victim after waving
Tsunami knock over settlement of resident in district of Mandrehe

Referring to that thing, Damili hopes to government to immediately to give aid
and found relocation tents to all to asks and refugee to local society to visit
and stay at the tents sprovided by government

According to Damili pasca the happening of earthquake accompanied by waving
Tsunami which sweeping settlement of resident in District of Mandrehe, society
perforced to evacuate to mountain area or plateau because worrying the
existence of supplement earthquake

Felt concerned about by many society which evacuate to mountain famish and
attacked by disease and also lacking of clothes, so that expected to government
immediately ro provide with various effort, in order to the victim no longger
increase

Meanwhile the victim effect of gelombangTsunami in Sub-Province Nias according
to one of the Posko Regent Nias Hermit Hia SIP office natural disaster staff up
to now reach 63 people with detail of in district of Mandrehe 58 people in
district of Sirombu 5 people, whereas 64 other still in course of seeking

Hermit Hia also report that Nias pemkab have founded relocation tents and soup
kitchen to all disaster victim and refugee waving Tsunami in district of
Mandrehe and Sirombu

Other Information which obtained up to now [all] disaster victim waving Tsunami
which living in Island Hinako, Island Aso and Island Flower and also a number
of reported by other island not yet been reached by aid from Team SAR and also
government because are difficulties to come to the location

So far citizen chance which living in a number of isle in district of Sirombu
not yet been known surely, because is difficult of reach the island
>From Sub-Province Nias South reported by hundreds of refugee especially
>resident which living in coastals

>From Sub-Province Nias South reported by hundreds of refugee especially
>resident which living in coastal area still stay in The Roman Catholic, SMUN I
>Bay In and also a hotel in Sorakhe .
All this refugee still blanketed to have cold feet possibility of existence of
waving Tsunami supplement so that not yet dare to return to its residence

According To Plh Regent Nias South Drs Nabari Ginting MSI local government have
coped to give food aid and 'obat-obatan' to a number of refugee
Reported also waving Tsunami hit almost all lodging in Coastal wisata location
of Sorakhe estimated to generate loss (about/around) Rp 2 milliard
Because one unprofitable appraised just lodging most mean around Rp 100
million, while lodging exist in coastal coastal area of Tired Sorakhe tens of.
( B1/Ols/Lz/Z8)

NB : Berita ini disadur dari harian SIB dan NiasIsland.com tertanggal Des 29,
2004 oleh Juliman Harefa untuk memenuhi permintaan dari berbagai kalangan luar
negeri yang pernah berwisata dan mengenal, mencintai Nias/Teluk Dalam,
permintaan di sampaikan via e-mail dan niasisland.com.
Diharapkan kepada mereka yang mendapat berita ini tidak sekedar mengetahui
tatapi juga memberi bantuan.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/IYOolB/TM